Each week Neen from Neenish Arts writes a bit of a weekend debrief. Whilst I enjoy reading them, I also find it really useful in my own life to stop and reflect on the week or weekend that was. Reading hers each week is a reminder to do this. This week I’m blogging it rather than just thinking it.
After a restless night on Friday night and not falling asleep until 6am Saturday night (Sunday morning) and 3am Sunday night (Monday morning)… I cancelled most of our plans for today (thanks new life!) and we had a rest and reset day. Much needed!
Evie’s been sleeping really well, it’s me who hasn’t been. So I’ve had day naps with her and had what feels like a quiet couple of days. Yet when I look at what I’ve done over the past 3 days, it’s been hugely productive!
- Played a game of netball
- Attended a Blessing Way
- Done the grocery shopping. Twice.
- Cooked all of our meals (that’s unusual for us! We generally eat at Patricks parents 2 nights of the week, my parents 1 night of the week and out on 1 night of the week (date night).
- Cooked an extra meal for the freezer.
- Made some snack foods.
- Caught up with housework.
- Caught up with a friend.
- Cleaned out my wardrobe… I think between Gracie and I (she cleaned out her toys and shoes) we have 3 or 4 bags to go to the Salvos.
- Made Gracie a dress.
Busy, yet without feeling busy. I feel strangely refreshed and very peaceful.
Glad I wrote that out!! Feels good.
You should all try it. Thanks Neen!!