I just don’t like food shopping. It is an effort and it means I have to be organised…
- Time our shopping visit for when Evie isn’t too cranky, or when she can stay home with Dadda. But sometimes I just want to stay home with Dadda!
- Organise it so that there is actually money in my account to spend! But even more frustratingly, if there isn’t much… having to tally up what I’m spending as I go through the shop so I don’t have to embarrassingly return items at the checkout!
- Fit in a specified time to actually go to the shop. A pain in the ass when it’s not one of my favourite things to do and I have trouble prioritising it.
- Write a list so I don’t have to think on my feet.
- Go to 10 different shops (possibly an exaggeration) and therefore drive to lots of different places, park at lots of different places and get Evie out of the car lots of different times… because I generally buy organic and the supermarket isn’t too great for that! How did they used to manage back in the days of no supermarkets – trenching through the town to the butcher, baker, grocer…
But the Gods aligned and I found my answer! The Organic Box.
Just so you know they haven’t asked me to write this and they haven’t paid me or given me produce to write this (although I’m happy for them to seeing as it was such good stuff!).
The Organic Box is an online company that delivers my organic, free range, local, chemical-free, everything-good, tasty food to my door. For ages, I have been meaning to place an order with them but kept forgetting… so each week I was actually (god-forbid!) having to go to the shops myself. But not last week… no, no, no. I placed that order. There was no list writing on head calculations – it was all there in front of me on my ever-so-beautiful Mac.
And then I was sitting on the couch cuddling a teething, sleeping baby when my food arrived on my doorstep. The delivery person even whispered! And I didn’t have to get off the couch. Bliss.
I was nervous about ordering food that I wasn’t choosing myself – what if the quality was crap? But never fear, they pulled through there too! It was perfect. Fresh, yummy, perfect. And that was enough to convince me that I never had to do my own shopping ever again.
Until I forgot to place my order this week.
But wait… they offer an SMS service to remind you to place your order. So again, I am convinced that from now on I will never have to do my own shopping. I would suit being royalty, don’t you think?
There is a down side though – the name isn’t suited to people like us. Patrick can’t take me seriously when I talk about getting our food from the Organic Box. He thinks we are ordering our food from a hairy vagina. Because he’s heaps mature like that. Oh also, anyone who isn’t quite sophisticated enough to live in South Australia – there might be a downside for you too (I think they only deliver in SA).
I’m just off to eat some shop-bought watermelon that isn’t as good as the one I had last week… Just to remind myself about the importance of remembering to place an order for next week.