I often think about having another baby. Patrick and I have both always said we want 4. We both come from families of 4 and we both imagined ourselves having big-ish families for our own children.
Not that I have any regrets, but looking back to the start of Evie’s life, there are a couple of things I’ve decided I would do differently if I did it all again…
1. Allow myself to recover and relax properly post birth NOT going out for dinner on day 2 and out for lunch on day 3. Thats just silly!! I plan on doing the 40-day at home thing next time round that many other cultures do (or whatever degree of that suits our family at the time). So… Bring me gifts in the form of activities for Evie or an outing to the park for her
2. Stop working. Parenting takes up enough time and energy as it is! There are many people worse off financially than us.
3. Don’t be afraid to ask. For help. For support.
4. Drive the car less. Catch the bus more.
5. Different parenting styles that I have only learnt of since having Evie… Babywearing from birth, feed more on demand (I thought I did with Evie but realise I could have relaxed so much more!) and EC (elimination communication).
6. Quality time!!! Comes with point 2 really.
7. Listen more to my instincts than to other people. Therefore selectively choosing those for point 3!
What would you do differently if you did it all again?